Meet the Staff
Meet the staff and get to know your new trainers and coaches!
Founder/Owner/Instructor of SPI & MWCA
- Catching Coordinator for MWCA and National & Local Travel Clubs
- Catching Consultant to NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA Schools, MiLB & MLB players
- Offers Catching/Hitting Instruction for Baseball & Softball, 1-on-1 private & semi-private & group lessons, video analysis, recruiting help
As a graduate of Owasso HS in 2000, CJ Received 2nd Team All-American Honors HS by Baseball Factory, now known as UA Baseball Factory. After graduating from Owasso, CJ attended Seminole St. Jr. College till 2002 where he received NJCAA 1st Team, All-American Honor, as Catcher & Defensive Player of the Year. While at Seminole he earned the Seminoles Silver Slugger Award. After Seminole, he committed to play at the University of Alabama before he was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2002. CJ ended up playing 7 seasons professionally between playing for Cubs & Brewers organizations reaching AAA before having to retire due to an unfortunate shoulder injury. Post baseball CJ has obtained his bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology and has continued in his passion for the game helping train and mentor baseball & softball athletes. CJ has been helping develop athletes since 2002 in his off-seasons. Over his years CJ has helped train and coach several players who have gone on to college and professional ranks.
In 2017 CJ had the idea to start a catchers-specific training academy (MWCA) to help cater to the needs of catchers around Oklahoma and beyond. CJ’s passion and dream to help develop athletes extended beyond MWCA as he saw the need out there for all types of athletes that were in need of not just skill-specific training but for the performance training aspects as well. Then SPI was born to bring elite performance training by some of the most knowledgeable trainers in the area.
- University of Alabama Commit
- Drafted by Chicago Cubs 2002
- 7 minor league seasons reaching AAA between the Chicago Cubs & Milwaukee Brewers
- Retired due to an unfortunate shoulder injury
- Training baseball & softball players since 2002
- Holds Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology
- Coached several players through the years that are playing or played at the College and Professional levels
- Seminole St. Jr. College Alum
- 02′ Received NJCAA 1st Team All-American Honor as Catcher & Defensive Player of the Year
- 02′ Received Seminoles Silver Slugger Award
Meet Our Baseball/softball
Kyle, MWCA Instructor, has a clearly defined fantastic passion for this game and the development of our youth.
Since his career, Kyle has instructed baseball to over 500 youth in 1-on-1 private instruction and team camps. Kyle has helped numerous athletes develop certain parts of their game, that ultimately helped propel their careers on to college and professional levels.
- Graduate of Coweta HS 1999
- Oklahoma All State 1999
- Drafted by Baltimore Orioles in 1999
- NJCAA 1st All American at Connors State
- Drafted by Atlanta Braves in 2000
- NJACC 1st All American and NJCAA Defensive Player of the Year as a Catcher
- Drafted/Signed with Atlanta Braves in 2001
- Played up to AA with Braves 01′-05′
- Team Canada Junior National Team 2010-2011
- Northeastern Junior College 2011-2013
- 1st Team All Region (Freshman & Sophomore)
- 1st Team All-American (Sophomore)
- Northern Kentucky University 2013-2014
- Drafted 2014 in 14th round By Boston RedSox
- RedSox 2014-2018 (A-AAA)
- 2015 Baseball America Top Defensive Catcher
(South Atlantic League)
- 2015 South Atlantic
- Dodgers 2019 (A+-AA)
- Team Canada Pan-American Games 2019 Silver Cubs 2020
Baseball Pitching / Hitting Instructor
I have experienced a lot of ups and downs with this game myself and would love to do what I can to pass on all the knowledge I have gained over the years to kids who want to learn the game and want to most importantly get better. I will share experiences good and bad and can hopefully be a positive influence in your child’s life, as well as help them learn the game of baseball and help them learn ways to make sure they are setting themselves up for success in this game! I have been giving pitching, fielding and hitting lessons to all ages since 2012 and really love working with kids, especially ones who want to work hard and get better.
- Graduated from Jenks High School 2010
- 350th pick overall in the 2012 Major League Baseball amateur draft (New York Mets)
- Won the South-Atlantic League Championship 2013
- Won Pitcher of the month June, July, August in the Florida State League in 2015
- AA All-Star 2016 (Led the team in strikeouts as a bullpen pitcher)
- Major League Spring Training 2017
- Pitcher of the month May 2017 in the Pacific Coast League (team award)
Feel free to email me or text me with any questions you may have.
Born and raised in Broken Arrow, graduated from BA in 2004 where he was a 3-year starter for Varsity. Went on to be a 3-year starter at the University of Oklahoma and was drafted in the 1 st round of the 2007 MLB draft by the San Francisco Giants. Played 11 seasons professionally with parts of 2 seasons in the Major Leagues with the Colorado Rockies in 2014 and the San Francisco Giants in 2015.
Contact him at : (918) 261-8020
Trey was born and raised in Muskogee OK, a multisport athlete in High School and College (Football, Basketball, Baseball & Track). In the 10th grade Trey tore his ACL which was both a blessing and a curse; it’s what started his journey in health and fitness. After high school Trey attended Northeastern State University and played four years of football.
Trey currently holds every receiving record for NSU and also a World Record which includes having the most receiving yards ever in an NCAA Football game with 425 yards. That record still stands to this day! After college Trey played professionally in Europe. He’s been personal/group training for the last thirteen years. He has a lovely wife of 13 years and two sons. Trey has an NFPA Certification and is currently working to obtain a Rock Steady Boxing Certification.
TRAINING WITH MCVAY
We are proud to announce we are bringing on Trey Mcvay to continue training local athletes. Trey brings 13years of training experience and an unprecedented love an desire to help develop athletes to their best potential.
Trey will start out with 3 days a week at SPI and build from there. Details of offered schedules, times & pricing are listed below in picture. Trey will be offering sessions to ages as young as 6 up to HS/College Ready athletes.
To start or register for times click our link below:
Dylan graduated from Jenks High School in 2016. He was a two-year starting catcher, winning most improved player his junior year and defensive player of the year his senior year.
Dylan began his college career as a starting catcher at Eastern Oklahoma State College. He then went on to play at NEO A&M College, Missouri Baptist, and finished his career at Oklahoma City University. While starting all four seasons at OCU, Dylan won two Sooner Athletic Conference gold gloves as a catcher.
In 2022, Dylan caught over 270 innings, allowing only 5 stolen bases, two passed balls, and 3 errors. Team ERA was 3.85 and lead the Stars to a 49-6 overall record.
His best offensive season in 2021: BA .341, 44 ABs, 3 HR, 3 2B (season ending injury).
Since 2021 Dylan has been giving private lessons and coaching Sandlot Tulsa. He focuses on catching, pitching, and hitting.
2023 Oklahoma City University volunteer assistant coach
SCHEDULE A FREE
Want to come into the gym for a free training session to see what SPI is all about?
Schedule a time with Coach Sean Barger for a free 1 hour session.